This week's show features my former classmate from NYCC, Dr. Carl Russo. He has two practices in New York, one inside of a Crossfit Gym. We break down everything you need to know about ankle assessment and rehab and how it affects the whole body!
2. Sponsor: Equip Foods (3:09)
3. Dr. Russo Interview (4:15)
4. The importance of Ankles - anatamy and functional movement and why active people need to know their own Range of Motion (8:42)
5. Ankle Assessment (10:54) - Ankle Dorsiflexion Wall Test
6. What is the root cause ankle problems? (12:45)
7. What is your take on OLY Lifting Shoes? (16:40)
8. What are some of the best treatments for Ankle Issues? (21:10)
9. Foot Drills (Check out the Video here)
10. Testimonial - Regional Level Crossfit Athlete with knee pain, hip and low back pain (30:00)
11. Sponsor: Siete Family Foods (36:10)
12. Listener Questions: (38:20)
NurseJackie6 - Pain in ankle during forced plantar flexion in the anterior ankle after 3 ½ months post ankle injury. Wore a brace for 6 weeks.
TRPHIL - Friend has an accessory navicular and (potentially) caused a stretched or torn tendon (I’m assuming Posterior tibialis), which is causing pronation. She has orthotics. Anything else she can do?
13. Getting in Touch with Dr. Russo (44:46)
14. Ankle Rehab Protocol in Full Body Fix Video Rehab Program (45:45) Save $10 with code "Fullbodyfixradio" at checkout
http://functionalcarerx.com/ and instagram.com/functionalcarerx
Subscribe in iTunes and leave a review and submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org